Punch art crazy!

Okay I just had to share this card with everyone. I'm very proud of it. It took me forever to figure out how to do some of the shapes but I finally did it. This card was for my friend's husband who turned 40 today. He is a serious cyclist. Every weekend he does 60-120 miles on his bike. I'm lucky if I ride my bike around the loop. I remembered seeing a punch art of a cyclist on a blog and since I don't have a stamp of a bike or anything close to it I decided to do punch art. I found the website (click here if you want to see it) with the image and did my best to copy it. I changed the colors to make it personal. Everyone was impressed by the card. I have to say that I rather make that card than ride 60 miles on a bike but I think I'll just look at the picture if I ever want to see it again. LOL.

Here's the card:

I will not go into details but if you want to know how I did it let me know and I'll try to talk you through it. LOL.

Here's another swap I got at Convention. It's sooo cute! It's a level II hostess set and I think it was very clever how they did it.

You pull the ribbon to see the rest of the message. The dog gets longer and it makes a great interactive card.  If you look at the card up close you'll see that the background is embossed with our Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder. Check back tomorrow to see a step by step on how to do this technique. It's really easy! Becky came over and we were experimenting on it. It only took one try!

Well it's time to clock out for the day.

Comments

Beebeebabs said…
Very nice cards you did a nice job tfs
Ellen Kemper said…
You did fabulous recreating the biker.

Hee hee, explaining that bike is like assembling one on Christmas eve - nobody wants to do it...

Great job!
Love your biker. Doesn't Ellen do great work! Now following you.
Norma
www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com
Jackie Barfield said…
Wow! Ellen is visiting my blog! I feel honored. Glad I did you proud. :)
Cherie said…
I love your biker card! I would really like to know how to do it! My daughter is a cancer survivor and does triathalons. I'd love to make her a card like this. Thanks for sharing.
Kim said…
great idea! this will be on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS
France Martin said…
WOW you did great
www.frenchiestamps.com

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight