Believe you can do anything!

Well I love the Just Believe stamp set and I seem to use it every chance I get. Here's a card I did for a friend that's moving out of the neighborhood.


Stamp set is Just Believe and an incentive stamp,
butterflies are die cut and embossed using Crumb Cake Cardstock,
Colors are Basic Black, More Mustard, Whisper White and Crumb Cake
I heat embossed the image and the sentiment plus I used
our stick on diamonds. I think it's very pretty.

So are you curious about the frame? Do you want to see it? Okay here's the finished product but I have to tell you that I was very upset with my dog because after I had stained it and Smooch Spritz it I had to varnish it. Well it was still wet and the dog came into my office and his tail was just at the right height to hit the frame and he messed up a section of it. I tried to fix it but it just was getting worse. So I had to redo the whole frame. I'm happy with how it turned out but I was very upset that my dog made me work harder.

Here it is:



I put a picture of me being baptised and made a matching tag for it. On the tag I used the word "Believe" from the Just Believe stamp set and I used our stencil to sponge Early Espresso on it and then Smooch Spritz. The J is for my name but I thought about how it could be for Jesus. I embellished with diamonds.

Here's how I did the staining:



I painted with Acrylic paint mixing colors until I got More Mustard. I made sure to cover the glass so it wouldn't get paint on it.


These are the inks that come in the distressing kit. I used Mahogany. Just rubbed the ink pad directly on the frame.



Then I sponged Soft Suede over that and around the Fleur di lis. 



Then I sponged Early Espresso



Then I Smooch Spritz the Gold on it. I loved the look it gave the whole frame. But the paint was very tacky and I wanted to seal it anyway so I painted on some glossy varnish.

Then the dog came in.

To fix the whole frame I ended up repainting the varnish but I added Soft Suede Reinker to the varnish and that covered up all the messed up part and blended the colors again.

Here's a close up of the tag.


I hope you have enjoyed today's post. Now go be creative!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Look who's getting a visit from the toothfairy!