I don't have enough time

I've been hearing this a lot lately. I don't have time for that. I don't have enough time in the day for everything I need to get done. I get asked a lot about how I have time to do everything that I do. I really only have 24 hours a day just like you. I go to bed around 10:30pm most nights so I'm not burning the midnight oil to create my cards. I get up at 6:30am and can't function properly until 10am. Seriously. So really I don't have a lot of hours to get everything done that I do. But I have to say that without Stampin' Up! I might go crazy(er).

Stamping is an outlet for me and something that makes me feel good. I can lose myself in my creation. I get so focused on making my card or scrapbook that I don't remember the laundry piling up or the dishes in the sink. I only feel relaxed and happy. Of course the reality is that the laundry does need put away and the dishes do need to be washes but another reality happens too. I make something that's useful. I have sworn to give away my cards instead of keeping them. So far I have seen happy faces from those I have given them to. That is more precious than any gift. I know it's a simple thing but it's the gift of my time. If you get a card from me it's from the heart.

I've been talking to other moms and it seems like I'm not the only one that is short on time and doing too much. Sure I'm running my classes and helping my team but when I talk to my friends they are planning parties, taking kids to dance, softball and other sports. They have meetings at school and volunteer on the PTA. Some spend time driving to see family out of town. Many of my friends help me with my Girl Scout troop.  So we all have time issues. It would be nice to clone myself to do the dirty work but maybe doing the dirty work helps me to appreciate the things I get to enjoy. Like stamping.

So when life starts to get crazy and you don't even have time to eat lunch remember that it's important to do something that is just for you. It fills up your fuel tank and keeps you going for the next 24 hours.

Here's a card that I made today to help my husband remember something that he really enjoyed - his trip to Africa.


I used Zoo Review and Plant Hope. Yep, Plant Hope again. I think I was on a kick to use that bonsai tree so that you would want to get the set. I got an idea to use it as a Serengeti tree. What do you think?

Cardstock: Peach Parfait (retiring), Cajun Craze, Basic Black
Ink: New Basic Black ink pad (love it), cajun craze, So Safron, Always Artichoke
Embellishment: brads, dimensionals, sponges, markers

I started by masking off the sun and inking around it in Cajun Craze. Then I added the So Safron. After that I did some direct to paper with the cajun craze ink pad. I stamped the tree several times masking off the bottom pot. Then I sponged Always Artichoke and then I stamped the giraffe and filled in the image using my basic black marker.

Oh I forgot, I used Inspired by Nature to make the grass. Love it!

Hope you enjoyed and I hope you find time to do the things that you enjoy.

Comments

eboyd said…
I think the use of the bonsai was brilliant. Love the card.
eboyd said…
Love the use of the bonsai. Brilliant.

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!