This is why you should have the Catalog and IDEA Book

So my friend Francesca came over tonight and helped me put my babies to bed. Steve is hunting which means it's a great time for having friends over to stamp late into the night. :)

I like surfing blogs and websites for ideas on cards. Well I often forget that our catalog is also an idea book. If I ever get stumped I can flip through the pages and see if any of the layouts catch my eye.

Francesca loved the tile I made today. Lookie:

I embossed it with glossy glaze embossing powder after I stamped it. It's so shiny. I love how it turned out and so did Francesca. So I told her she could make one too. After we played around with ideas we found a great layout on page 122. She even liked the colors. After making the tile she wanted to make a card too. So we took out the Kraft I mean Crumb Cake cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, water color crayons, aqua painter and a couple punches. Look what we made:



It's so pretty! The flowers are on dimensionals too. Here's the comparison.


I think I like the one Francesca made better. Less crumb cake and more rich razzleberry. All this cake and berry talk got us hungry so we went to the kitchen and had cookies and milk. The cookies were the best! Carla made them for me when she returned my Tupperware. I think I need to give her something else in Tupperware so I'll get more of those cookies. YUM!!!

Francesca with her card. She's mailing this to a friend and so we had to take pictures of it.

I had such a great day with friends today! I love my friends so much. They make me laugh and cry and feel so good. Almost good enough that I don't need my happy pills. LOL. But we don't want to tempt fate.

Tomorrow is Amanda's rodeo. Actually it is tomorrow. I think I'll go to bed. Good night!

Comments

Ivy said…
The cards are beautiful and I love the tile. I think I need some girls' nights as well, and perhaps I will no longer need the "happy" pills.

I, too, forget to look at the IDEA Book for inspiration. I am inspired and will go through it. Thanks for sharing.

Ivy

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!