Lookie what I got!!!


I've been seeing this on some of the blogs I visit often and thought how cool would it be if I got a stylish blogger award. Well this morning I opened my email and found two people had given me the award. Woo hoo! That means they love me. "They really, really love me." LOL.

Now I have to share 8 things with you. Hmmmmm......

1.  I love turtles. That's something everyone knows though. But if you are just tuning in I'll let you know that I own 13 box turtles. Most are babies that were born last year. They are growing so much and just now starting to come out of hibernation.  Box turtles have a great personality. Plus it's fun to watch them eat a live worm. Sort of like watching T-rex eat something. I imagine that turtles and dinos have a lot in common.

2.  I'm totally NOT organized. I'm not sure if it's a genetic disorder but for some reason I can't seem to stay organized. Once in a blue moon I'll put everything in my craft room away, have a place for everything, sort my stamps, throw trash away and file paperwork. I'll even have a table with nothing on it. But how long does this last? Maybe a day. As soon as I start crafting I pull out at least two or three stamp sets, 5 ink pads, my Big Shot, several dies and of course cardstock. Then I'll get some sponges out and ribbon and brads and punches. Pretty soon you can't see my desk top anymore. Oh and when orders come in I have boxes everywhere! Trying to find something in this mess is crazy but usually there's some "order" in my brain that helps me find things. LOL.

3.  I am turning 40 in April. What???? Where did my life go? Wasn't I just 15 wishing to be older everyday? I remember thinking that 30 was old. LOL. The Monkeys were on TV, Happy Days was one of my favorite shows and so was the Love Boat. My favorite song was "I Just Can't Get Enough." by Depeche Mode. Now I'm turning 40 and I listen to Pink and Lady Gaga. My favorite show is House.  Do I feel old? Actually some days yes. I have stiff legs and a stiff back in the morning or if I get up off the floor after sitting for a while. I play tag with my kids but say, "You can only walk. No running." LOL.  Otherwise I get out of breath. The best thing about turning 40? I'm still alive.

4.  I watch Glenn Beck everyday or try to. Even if you don't agree with him it's a fun show to watch. One day my daughter walked into the room while I was watching him and she said, "Oh Glenn Beck. I love this show." She was 7 at the time. LOL. 

5.  I get really bad PMS once a month. Don't mess with me when I'm PMSing.  My poor friend and neighbor has been on the wrong end of that rant. Luckily she loves me anyway and I realized I was extra grumpy and apologized to her. Not sure if the vitamin D is working yet. I was super low in that a few months back and I read that it can cause people to be irritable. I'm also trying to get some sun on me every day. I hope it's helping for every one's sake.  LOL. 

6.  I love to drink coffee. The sweeter the better. I have to have my flavored creamer and a Sweet n Low.  Two or three cups a day. I usually sit at the kitchen table and drink my coffee while reading the paper. Of course Steve, my hubby, thinks that I should be doing laundry or something.  Men. They just don't understand us women. We need time to wake up and start our day. I'll get to laundry, after lunch. Hee hee.

7.  I love God. Doesn't everybody? LOL.  The thing is that I've always had a great relationship with Him. I've always talked to Him even as a kid as if He's in the room with me. I talk to Him like He's a person that would be able to talk to me. I've only heard His voice once really but He has answered my prayers numerous times. As I get older I understand more and more how much God loves me.  Especially since having children. So I know that no matter how bad a child I am He loves me and forgives me. Thank God! LOL. I have told my own children that I  love them no matter what. I may not like what behavior they are doing but I will always love them.  Since I started going back to church I have felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I have always had faith but sometimes forget that I don't have to face things alone. So I think God reminds me that He's there with some challenges. Like being sick. I was so sick and had a million things to do. After trying to push through I decided to lean on friends and cancel some things. I realized that God is in charge and that I have to have faith that things are happening for a reason and not to fight it. He is all knowing after all. Why should I question things? I guess as children we want answers in order to form opinions. But faith isn't about opinions. You can't have proof or answers to your questions. You just have to believe.

8.  Which brings me to the stamp set Just Believe. This stamp set is one I loved so much I got it twice! LOL.  I have it in clear and in wood.  Both of the sets were free. One I earned last year during Sale-a-bration. So I waited until the new catalog came out and got to pick a free stamp set any amount. Then when I went to convention last year I got that stamp set again in the bag they give you. Totally awesome! I've made many cards with it and inserts for my Simply Adorned Charm.  It's such a pretty set with leaves or flowers and the sayings are perfect for using with our punches.

I guess that's it. Oh I'm suppose to link to the people who gave me the award. Here's Leena's Link and Amy's Link.

And I need to pass on the award to 8 other blogs. Let's see. Oh of course! Here's who I think has a Stylish Blog. I'm sure some of them have already gotten the award because they are soooo awesome!

1. Francesca Mata, Cake Pops.  http://www.cescascakepops.blogspot.com/

2. Birgit Stolz,  http://bibablog.blogger.de/

3.  Michelle Zindorf, http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

4. Shelli Gardner, http://www.soshelli.com/

5. Julie Leblanc, http://www.kewlstamps-n-more.com/

6. Jan Tink, http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/

7. Belinda Tubby, http://stampinbuzz.com/

8. Carla Bazhenow, http://www.carlas-scraps.com/

That's it for today. I'm thinking about making a video. I made these cute Thank You cards and I want to show how to make them with a video. Stayed tune to see if it ever gets done. LOL. 

Have a great day!

Comments

Leena Girsa said…
Congrats, Jackie...you deserve it! I love your work!
Stay blessed,
Leena
Carla said…
So well deserved, Jackie!!! You make beautiful creations! Thank you so much for giving me the award. I thank you so much. You made me feel very special!!! I so enjoyed learning about you. Hugs,

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!