Water Color like a pro

This week my class was on watercoloring. I know it's frustrating to figure out the best method for making your cards and scrapbooks look like a water color painting. Here's some basics that you should know about.

Aqua painters give a more watery look. Colors are more muted and transparent.

Blender Pens give the most depth of color but can be tricky to learn to use. Plus you have to keep dipping your blender pen in the ink well.

Regular markers can give quick color but it's not blended very well.

New Blendabilities offer a lot of depth, can be corrected with the color lifter and blending is easy.

Here's the card we made.


I used four colors in the Blendabilities to make the flowers. I first went in with the lightest yellow for the centers, then a dark purple on the edges, followed by the light purple next to that. Finally I used a medium yellow to blend it all together. Awesome!

Here's three flowers done three different ways:


The one on the right is done with aqua painters. The middle one is done with blender pens, and the left one is done with blendabilities. All three used Pumpkin Pie.

Here's a close up of the flowers in the card we did.



I used the stamp set Happy Watercolor  133191. Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Summer Starfruit.




This stamp set is retiring so if you want to order it let me know.

Thanks for looking!

Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!