Dinner and Stampin'!

I had a great time on Tuesday night with a lovely group of ladies stamping and eating. The jalapeno poppers were so delicious! Thanks Carmen! I also enjoyed teaching the ladies about embossing and the new scented embossing powders. We made a watermelon using the stamp set Mouth Watering and the Melon scented powder. Jessica, my daughter, wanted to do a Popsicle and we used the vanilla scented powder for that.

Tip: Make sure not to over heat the powder, especially scented powder, or the shine will disappear.

I also showed the ladies how to color clear embossing powder. Here's a quick step by step about that:

1.   Ink up the rubber with the Versamark stamp pad.

2.   Ink up the same image next on any color ink pad you want. (I used Pool Party).

3.   Stamp image on Whisper White Cardstock. (Remember to say "Jackie is Great!" 3x)

4.   Then you pour the powder on top of the wet ink making sure to have complete coverage.

5.    Tap off excess powder.

6.    Turn on heat tool and start at one end of the stamped image watching closely to see when powder starts to melt. (Gets shiny). 

7.    Continue to move heat tool across image until complete.

8.    Let cool.

You'll have a cute image to turn into an accessory on a card, scrapbook page, box or hair clip.

Here's my daughter wearing the hair clip we made.


Today she wanted a cherry hair clip but I ran out of time because I made French toast for breakfast. Perhaps I'll make her a cute one today while she's at school. LOL.

Check back soon for images of the Mother's Day Mini Scrapbook I'm making for a class on May 9th.

Happy Stampin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!