Coastal Clean-Up and Mystery Hostess night

I have been a busy mom lately. My Girl Scout Troop volunteered to help with Coastal Clean-Up this past weekend. We had gloves, plastic trash bags and a bunch of girls. Here's our group on Saturday morning.


We picked up at least three full bags of trash and saved a jelly fish from certain death. The girls learned how important it is to put trash in a trash can instead of just dropping it on the ground. The most of anything we found were cigarette butts. Yuck! We also found a long metal pipe, cans, wrappers and other items that the girls really didn't need to see.

One thing that my daughter, Jessica, learned was that you don't pick up dead catfish. The barb went right into her thumb. Poor baby cried hysterically for a half hour. It was bleeding and she said it hurt really bad. I was worried about infection. Luckily she's fine and her thumb never swelled up and the pain was gone within an hour.



Last night was my Mystery Hostess night. I had a new lady come named Lynn and that newbie luck was in play again. She won hostess benefits! Here's the card we made.



We used Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (124003, $10.95), and Pool Party, Crumb Cake, More Mustard and Very Vanilla Cardstock. The saying is from the stamp set Word Play (120651) page 156 in the Idea Book and Catalog. Other stuff used: Antique Brads, bakers twine, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Gold Smooch Spray, Early Espresso Marker, Spritzing tool, Crimper and the leaves die. The ribbon is from the clearance rack. I don't think that color is on it anymore but the Riding Hood Red is. Click here to visit the clearance rack and order your discounted Stampin' Up! products. If you place an order online this month you are entered in a drawing for a free stamp set from me.

All the ladies last night got a treat from Carol who made these awesome little sour cream boxes.



I love chocolate! And I'm sure there will be chocolate in these treat boxes. The stamp is from a retired set from a mini catalog. I knew I should have bought that one! Darn. LOL.

More inspiration for Halloween of course:


Snowburst embossing folder can look like spiders on black cardstock. Spooky! Products used:

Out on a limb (123824 $16.95), Piece of Poison (123754 $20.95), Pick Your Poison Designer Series Paper. I also used the color spritzer with a black marker, the rhinestone jewels, sponging technique and black grosgrain ribbon.

Next time I blog I'll show you why I love Staz on black ink over the classic Basic Black ink.

Happy Stampin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Look who's getting a visit from the toothfairy!