Convention was great!

Hi everyone,

I got back from Convention on Monday, did a downline meeting that night, prepped for my Mystery Hostess class for Tuesday, did some planning on my Crop for the Cure Fundraiser on Saturday, cuddled with kids, dog and husband and I'm still ready to do more.

Can you tell I had some sugar? LOL. 

I want to share a blog that has all the pictures of the display boards from Convention. She did an awesome job and had a way better camera then I did. Check it out here: ustamp4fun

If you didn't get to follow along with me on facebook I'll give a quick recap.

I got to Salt Lake City a day early. So while I kept annoying Dina saying, What's going on today? and her saying, "Nothing." we toured the Temple, ate delicious food, drank some beer and enjoyed getting to know each other better. Part of Convention is connecting with fellow demonstrators in person. I love getting together with my upline and friends from all over the world. Especially Canada.

On Wednesday I enjoyed shopping Memento Mall. That's where I can pick up some products that people might want to entice them to book a workshop. Some things I got are tabs for catalogs, pop up scrap bags, umbrella, pens, and more.

I also did a tour of the home office in Riverton. What a great place to work! It's really neat to see how the shipping operation works. I think I may have been there when one of my boxes was packed. They told me that two huge UPS trucks pull up everyday and are filled with boxes. Sometimes during a busy season they have to get a third one.

I enjoyed going to the Melting Pot for dinner. If you have one near you I recommend it.

The days are all a blur but the most exciting thing for me was when they told us about the new Simply Scored scoring tool. It's a stylist, board, pegs to mark on the board and large storage bin in the back all in one. It's available starting September 1.

I enjoyed my first march across stage for having 4 or more recruits promote to Senior Associate. I feel very proud of this accomplishment. Not for myself but for my team. The four ladies that promoted have been an inspiration to me. I learn from them hopefully as much as they learn from me. I have enjoyed watching them grow their own Stampin' Up! business. Some have done classes, some clubs, some have just shared what they love with others and some have done workshops. All of them make me proud.

Here are some amazing things that Convention provided: (taken from Shelli's blog).



■Idea Book & Catalog binder, included in the convention bag (You just gotta see it)

■VIP Room (awesome room, great place to put your feet up and enjoy treats)
■TWO new marches (First-Timers March and Recruiters March)

■First-timers breakfast!

■See-Or Hear-It-Here-First Announcements (can you say Mini Holiday Catalog)

■Dates and locations of TWO incentive trips (Getaway and Grand Vacations)

■All-Attendee Giveaways, we had THREE, more than ever before

■+ Fun classes (a new convention offering of great projects to make) I went to bed instead of doing this.
■Hispanic Night event (demonstrators interested in growing their Hispanic business met, got to know each other, and shared ideas)

■Treats—we had more treats this year than I can ever remember having before!

■ Announcement of the Surprise & Delight Stamp Room Makeover winner

Shelli forgot about the after party for awards night. Dancing, dessert, music, friends.
 
She also didn't mention the kick off party that had three prize patrols. I may be wrong but I think everyone left with a prize.
 
I have a huge stack of new rubber and I can't wait to ink it up.
 
 
 
The swaps I got were over the top. I know we have talented ladies but I felt like some of the swaps I got were worthy of being a class. In fact I may do this one for the Christmas Stamp a stack on Sunday, July 31.
 
 
 
If I could show you all the awesome swaps I got I would but I actually had to give a lot of them to Laura, Jeannette and Flora. They made me some swaps to take and I had fun swapping for them. It's always nice to hear the compliments on cards from others. I always thank them and say, My friend made these.
 
Some other highlights of Convention:
 
Swapping with Tami White, Number one Demonstrator for the year.
 
 
 
Meeting Mary Ellen Byler was fantastic! She's so funny on stage too. She did a workshop start to finish on stage and that was inspiring. She's telling jokes, knows the page numbers of everything, sponges everything, smooches everything and completes 5 cards start to finish in less than an hour. Amazing.
 
In case you don't know who she is here's a little background on her. She's Amish. She's in the top 100 demonstrators in the country. She has sales over 100K a year. She has to hire a driver to take her to workshops. She does a workshop every night Monday - Friday.
 
I don't think I want to work that hard but I would like to do more private classes for people.
 
So here's what my goal is. To earn the trip to Fiji. Yep. I need some amazing women to become part of my team to do it. I want to help them earn it too. I have an amazing new downline who is ready to start doing workshops. She's really into scrapbooking so if you are interested in learning that she'd be perfect to talk with and arrange a class.
 
That's it for now. Time to start my day.

Comments

Cori Kozak said…
It was so great meeting you and hanging out together! Best of luck with your business! Maybe we'll meet again in Fiji?! :)
{hugs}

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!