Happy Mardi Gras!

All I can say is that Daphne, AL has the best parades. I've been to Mobile and Fairhope and I really like the ones that Daphne has. It's not about the floats. (although the floats are fun to look at). I'm talking about the beads, Moon Pies, stuffed animals, light up toys, candy, etc.
Amanda, Jessica, Steve and I went to the parade on Friday night and we caught a lot of stuff. Amanda and Jessica had fun collecting the stuff off the ground and we all had some friends meet us down there too. I brought hot cocoa, marshmellows, Cheetos, chips, King Cake and donuts. My friend brought some wine and I spilled it all over the Cheetos. Let me tell you, the kids went right to sleep that night. LOL.

For those of you who don't know about Moon Pies they come in many flavors. Chocolate, banana, orange, vanilla. Well recently the buzz was there are now peanut butter ones. I was on the lookout for those on Friday night. I yelled, "MOON PIE!!!" to the ladies on the float and one heard me and nailed me with the Moon Pie. It hurt my thumb and I dropped it. Luckily we were in Daphne and not Fairhope so I was able to get it before someone else got it. When I turned it over it was a peanut butter one. I started screaming, "PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!!!" My friend Melissa thought I wanted a peanut butter one. But no I was screaming because I had one. LOL. Yeah for me. Then next one I got I gave to Melissa. She started screaming, "SALMONELLA!!!!!!" Hopefully not. (The next day my family split the one peanut butter Moon Pie I caught into 4 peices. They are not very big but I have to say that my 1/4 peice was very good. LOL)
Here's a pic of Amanda dancing around waiting for the parade.



Amanda and Jessica had fun cutting up their beads and sorting them by color and shape. How could I stop them when they were having so much fun.
They got so many from all the parades they went to that it really doesn't matter if they cut a few up. But they played like this for hours and I was able to do some cleaning up around the house. (Something that Steve wishes I would do more of).








Saturday night Steve and I went to the Shadow Barrons Ball. It's like prom for grown ups. I wore a pretty gown and Steve wore a tux. I had to wear these beads I found at a store. They have turtles on them. I'm sort of known for liking turtles.



The night started off kinda quiet. My friends and us were sitting around eating and talking. Not much happening really until the band The Molly Ringwalds began playing. Let me tell you, it was just like high school again for me. All the songs I love they played. It was really cool and I had a great time dancing. At one point we all helped our friend Chris crowd surf. No one got hurt.

After the band was done I wanted to go up and meet them but Steve was holding me back. I'm sure it was because he knew the band members would think I was so hot they'd grab me and run backstage. LOL. Actually I pulled away from him and got to shake hands with the lead singer. He blew me a kiss too. ((swoon)).

Visit their website:

http://www.themollyringwalds.com/


At these Mardi Gras Balls you get to drink as much as you want. I normally drink more than I should and Saturday night was no exception. But I have to say that I really recovered the next day well and got some laundry done. Oh and these balls have lots of great food too. I ate it all and then some dessert. So my diet is just shot. Cheetos, wine, screwdrivers, lemon bars, Moon Pies, marshmellows, cheesy dips, crackers, roast beef, chicken fingers. You get the idea. Too much. But that's what Mardi Gras is all about. Lent starts on Wednesday and I'll have to give something up for 40 days. I was thinking cookies. That's a hard one because I love to bake. I guess I can send it all to school for the teachers. LOL.



That's it folks until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!