Convention was AWESOME!

Hey everyone. By now you'll have been by my house to see my swaps from convention, my cute teddy bear, new Stampin' Up! tools and more. I loved convention. I met up with my up, upline Mandy and her two downline, Lisa and Amanda. My Amanda got a kick out of the fact that someone had her name that I was rooming with.

Going to convention is going to be my goal every year. I was so excited to be back in Utah, spending time with other ladies just as crazy about Stampin' Up! as I am. Plus getting to see the talented demos and home office people make fantastic cards, projects, scrapbook pages and more. Shelli really did so many cute boxes using our Big Shot she couldn't show us all of them. But she did promise to put some of those on her blog.

A really cool thing that happened was that Shelli came through the lobby of our hotel while we were hanging out making more swaps. Lisa and I were brave enough to go up to her and introduce ourselves. My upline Mandy took pictures. Check out her blog to see them. Shelli was very nice and spent time talking to us and asking us how long we've been stampin'. I could only imagine how tired she must have been and how many demos she had already bumped into. But she didn't seem to mind us coming up to her.

I also enjoyed our key note speaker, Belinda. She was so full of energy and knew exactly how to talk about our product and what we should be doing to make our business successful. I really got a lot out of her speech.

Another high light of convention was the commercial contest. I love watching what other demonstrators come up with for these commercials. Last year SU! came up with a Barbie Doll Stamper and the UPS man came to the door to deliver her stamps. It was halirious. So this year Mandy, Lisa and Amanda submitted a commercial using their three girls in the commercial. I was really hoping they would win. Well as we watched 4th place and 3rd place they got a little discouraged. But to all our excitement they won 2nd place! It was the cutest commercial and I really was so proud of their children who did a great job. You can view the YouTube video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtnhhvctOGA

I was hoping that this year UPS would give away another stamp set but I'm sure that's not something they can do every year. Especially with the economy being like it is. Perhaps next year we'll have more give aways. I was impressed with what SU! gave away. Lots of the door prizes were worth $80. Some prizes were hand made by Shelli. It was very exciting and Lisa won a prize this year.

I wanted to meet a lady who's blog I follow but never did see her. I did meet an artisian award winner though, Mary Jo Albright. She does such great work. You can tell she must put in over 40 hours on her projects. The detail and the "perfectness" of her work make her very deserving of winning 3 times in a row. Artisan Award winners get to have a special dinner with Shelli, $500 gift certificate to SU! and get to design cards and projects all year that get featured in Stampin' Success and the website. I can't wait to see what she comes up with this year.

It's always sad to say goodbye to my Stampin' Up! friends. I had gotten used to getting up early with them to stand in line, going out to fabulous dinners, late night gatherings and dancing by the main stage for general session. So many wonderful memories with these wonderful ladies. I'm looking forward to next year!

Looking forward to a successful year with my Stampin' Up! business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!