I've been busy!!!

Okay I admit that I've been neglecting you. My husband says the same thing. He wishes I would finish doing laundry and put away all my Stampin' Up! stuff that's been sitting on the kitchen counter for a week. I wish I was better at putting things away and also doing the laundry.

I have tried to pick up my office. LOL. Those of you who know me know that my office is a wreck. I want to be organized. Really. But it's not really my personality to be organized. I'm more about being moved to make a card or paint a beautiful abstract. It's easy for me to justify my disorganized self. So in the interest of saving my marriage I will try harder to keep my office neater so that my Stampin' Up! stuff doesn't spread all over the house, me frantically searching for a cleared surface to stamp on. Soon I'd be using the bathroom counter. But I'm done with my Christmas cards. There are a few that didn't get one. But I can't make any more. Really. I made over 70 this year and they are beautiful. But I really can't make anymore and stay sane. What? You mean I'm not sane??? Oh well then in that case I could make a few more. LOL.


Here's a pic of one that I did for my aunt.


Isn't it beautiful? I had to play around a bit with this set but it really turned out great. Getting the matching wheel was a must. I actually won this set at the half-day regional in Jackson, MS. It was so fun and I was surprised that I won a door prize. The set is Scandinavian Season in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I did this card with Bashful Blue, Whisper White and silver. I embossed with the silver embossing powder. I also added the punched star in silver paper to add dimension.

Here's a cute idea for all those ladies with little ones in school. My daughter has 10 kids in her class so I made these treat bags using the top note die.


I used the level 2 Deer Friends set to make the tags and just stamped the saying "a very merry christmas to you" from another hostess set called Best Yet. I love them! Jessica helped me put the tags together and then attach them to the bags. It was so easy to put together. I did all 10 (stamping, punching, cutting the dies, stuffing the bags and putting it all together) in less then 1/2 hour.

Jessica had fun passing them out at school. Her Christmas party was today. My older daughters party is tomorrow and I'm going in to do a craft project. I'm letting the kids use the merry and bright set that is retiring to make cute bags with the top note but they'll be stamping either a snowman or raindeer. Inside the bags will be the reindeer poop or snowman poop. I'm going to find the poem and print that out tonight. I wish I had more than one set of Merry and Bright. There's 20 kids in the class and that might take a while if I let them stamp it themselves. I'll see if I do that.

Okay so what else have I been doing....Oh! making Christmas gifts. Here's my card organizer with 12 matching cards. Take a look.





I love this paper. Too bad it was retired. But the new Baja Breeze in color does match it. So I used some ribbon and make a cover for the organizer. I like it a lot. I'm thinking of keeping it but I know it would make a good gift for someone. You can come to my class tomorrow night and make this organizer and some other great gifts. Here's a book mark that I learned how to do at convention.


Here's another gift idea. A spa package. I did the soap, jar and candle in matching colors and used designer paper, ribbon and embossing to make it look more complete. I gave this out as a dirty Santa gift. The jar has chocolate in it. Yum!

I would have stolen it back but it probably wouldn't have been nice. I did get lovely earrings and a matching necklace. It's really pretty. I'll have to post a pic of me wearing it when I get one.

I'm excited to make some great gifts tomorrow night. There's even more to do like wine charms and plates. So come by and do a few projects.

Happy Stampin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!