Back to School and back to stamping

This week my two girls started back at school. They love their teachers and they are so excited about learning. They were lucky enough to get teachers that are certified in the AMSTI. That's a new Alabama initiative that teaches by interaction in groups and having children think through answers instead of memorizing facts. I really love it and every day my girls have told me how their teacher's do amazing experiments for them. I love it!


Of course I had to make new hair clips for them. Jessica wanted a new one using a butterfly and that was navy blue and khaki. I used Island Indigo and Crumb Cake.


So with the girls back to school this week I was able to do a little crafting. Here's a few fun things I've made lately:



This wreath is going to go on the front door. I need to find some numbers to put on it for my address. Hopefully I will find some soon. If not I will make some out of chipboard.

Here's what I used: Cherry Cobbler Tulle, Crumb Cake Tulle, Brass buttons, Christmas Fabric, burlap, foam wreath, wood letter B, some green ribbon to make little curls, Oh and then Early Espresso tulle ot tie the B onto the wreath.

I make the flowers by folding in half the tulle and sewing up the side and cinching it up into a rosette. I hot glued the buttons. The red flowers are just squares on top of each other of the tulle and stuck into the foam with straight pins. I burned the edges a bit with a lighter.

I think I want to start a new feature on this blog that has to do with green crafting. No I don't spray paint it green. Instead I re purpose something. In this case I reused the can of soup. I had some twine and glue and thought I could make this can look vintage and neat by wrapping the twine around it.

 
Here's how it looks:




You can use it to store markers (although you should store markers on their side), scissors, blender pens, pencils, glue sticks, etc. You could even make these as gifts and put useful items inside them (such as candy) for a teacher, coach or other instructor.


Not a great picture but here's what we made for stamp club this month:

 
I used the new Cordinations cardstock, tulle, and embossing folder from the mini catalog. I taught them the cracked glass technique using the ornament die and matching stamp set. I love how you can bundle the two and save money!

That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed my update. I'm sorry I didn't post much this summer. I was busy relaxing. LOL.

May God bless you and your families as we start a new school year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!