New tote for Jessica's graduation

Jessica is graduating from preschool tomorrow night and I thought since the theme of the event is a Safari that I would make her a really cute tote with an animal print on it.

Every where you look women have these giraffe print purses. I love them! So when I saw this paper I just had to get it. The only problem was that it wasn't double sided paper. But SU! came to the rescue. I had a sheet of 12 x 12 textured Pink Pirouette cardstock. I glued it on the back and then made the tote per instructions. What do you think?




I love it! I think the pink is pale enough to be subtle. But it still looks good. :)

Here's the tote filled with goodies. I really like how Orbit gum fits perfect. Plus Jessica loves Cool Aid so I bought some packets of it for her. They fit really well. And best of all is the movie, "All Dogs Go To Heaven". This is a really good tote since all these things fit so perfect.



In case you are wondering about the straps: it's the felt ribbon from the Holiday Mini. Hopefully they'll bring that ribbon back with the new catalog coming out in August.

I made a tag for the bag too but the glue is still drying so I can't hang it on it yet. But here's what it looks like.






I used Vanilla Hodgepodge hardware, punch out the cardstock, glued to back after stamping Jessica's initial. Her very own designer purse.

On a sad note I found out today that Steve's aunt passed away. She was fighting Steven Johnson disease that she got after her knee surgery. They gave her anti biotics and it made her body start to attack itself. Her skin was peeling off. They finally had her somewhat recovered but she relapsed and was in a coma for a while. Her family had to make the tough decision of letting her go off life support. They've had so many ups and downs with this illness, not knowing if she would live through the night and then having some signs of hope that she would recover. I prayed so many nights for God to take care of them all and do what would be best for everyone. I don't know what's best but luckily I trust God. I know her time here wasn't in vain. We'll miss her so much and treasure our memories of her.


If you could also keep my sister in your prayers. She's having eye surgery tomorrow morning. I'll update you on how that goes. My poor sis has had more eye surgeries then anyone I know. Let's hope this will be the last one. For a while at least.

Keep stampin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join me on Periscope tonight

Punch art crazy!